Sunday, November 14, 2010

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Photo Effects

Once again, Randy Seaver at Genea-Musings has posted a challenge that I can't refuse!  Here it is:

1)  Go to the AnyMaking website (http://anymaking.com/  - it's FREE to use) and ...

2)  Doctor some of your priceless photographs using one or more of their photo effects to turn your photo into a cartoon, into a puzzle, into a wanted poster, etc.  Try it, it's fun.


So here's what I did with it:

Before:


... and after:


It's kinda cool.  I wish I could have put my hands on a color photo instead, but I'm so tired from the Expo this weekend that I simply cannot get up and put one on the scanner.

Incidentally, the couple shown in the photo above is Bernard Slowey (John Charles Slowey's brother) and his wife Elizabeth Isabel McKeachie.  I'm not sure when the photo was taken, but it had to be some time between 1894 when he lost his arm and 1939 when he passed away.

0 comments:

Post a Comment