Monday, July 02, 2012

Motivation Monday - 6th Month Goal Update


Well ... completely skipped May's progress.  Probably just as well.  I pretty much fell off the wagon for a few weeks in May.  So ... on to June!

1. Obtain the addresses, birth dates, and anniversary dates for all of my first cousins on both sides of my family … and names and birth dates of spouses and children. Oh and all my half siblings’ spouses and kids too.
Yep, still working on this one, but making progress.  I have a lot of cousins.

2. Attend at least five (5) Scanfests (or equivalent) this year - and actually scan stuff.
Well, I managed to attend the Scanfest for April.  There was no Scanfest for May, so that one's not my fault :)  Napped right through June's.  (Gimme a break, it was a rough day). 

3. Scan and label at least 15 photos and/or negatives each week, or until they are done, whichever happens first.
This goal is complete.


4. Attend at least two (2) genealogy conferences.
I already registered and made my hotel reservations for FGS in Birmingham in August.  I'm also planning on attending the Family History Expo in Atlanta in November.

5. Give at least two (2) presentations to my genealogical society.
Still trying to decide on my second topic, but it looks like I will be presenting in October.

6. Index at least 200 records per month at FamilySearch Indexing.
May was slow, and I think I only indexed about 80 records.  However, June was better.  I got about 120 in.


7. Add at least five (5) individual ancestor stories to my website.
Added one ancestor in May: Theresa Burns Slowey.  Didn't finish the one for June, so I'll post that one this month.  That makes 3 so far.

8. Blog at least twice per week.
Only 3 for May, but 7 for June.  10 total, still not too shabby.  

9. Finish reading Greenwood's "The Researcher's Guide to American Genealogy."
I read and attended the book club for Chapters 19 and 20 last week.  I've started reading Chapters 21 and 22.

10. Add at least three (3) website links per week to my online toolbox.
I've actually been doing pretty well at keeping this folder cleaned out.  I've added several new websites to my toolbox.

In the words of Scarlett O'Hara, "Tomorrow is another day."  Right?



Do we share any ancestors?
Please email me at lostancestors [at] gmail [dot] com

0 comments:

Post a Comment