Saturday, August 18, 2012

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun: They are the 5%

My ancestors, that is.  Randy Seaver gave us another challenge with his post: What's Your Ancestral Name Number?

I'm going to preface my response with the following disclaimers:
1. My grandfather was adopted and I cannot find his biological parents, which wipes out one entire branch of my tree.
2. I have one documented incident of first cousins marrying (but I've heard rumors of more).  This eliminates one set of 4th great grandparents.
3. In the last year I have been reworking my tree to ensure that every fact has a source, so my tree is still very small and I haven't made it past my 4th great grandparents, or into any other countries, yet.

So, with that being said, here is what I have:


The percentage shown is with a full slate of ancestors.

However, if I remove the 252 ancestors from my grandfather's line and the 2 ancestors who are duplicates, my percentage is a little more favorable:  a whopping 7%!

Either way you slice it, I have some work to do.

(I just didn't have the heart to calculate the percentage for 15 generations).


Do we share any ancestors? 
Please email me at lostancestors [at] gmail [dot] com

0 comments:

Post a Comment