I'm totally digging the Success Team right now. I'm getting more done (as opposed to just started) than I ever thought possible. Here is an update on last week's goals:
- Fully transfer at least 5 people from FTM to RM4 (with corresponding hard file).
- Fully update at least 1 WikiTree profile. (See my blog post here for the reason behind this)
- Blog at least once this week (I'm going to start saying "other than my Success Team update post").
- Now that I know their hours, visit the Family History Library to ask about their process, what collections they have, etc. so I can get organized before I start researching there.
I was able to transfer 8 people from FTM to RM4. I transferred the 5 I needed to reach my goal, then I realized I only had 3 more to transfer before I could say that my entire direct line had been moved. So I did it. Wheee!
I bought a book on HTML ... "Creating Web Pages for Dummies." Okay, I haven't had time to read it yet, but I updated my great grandmother's wiki anyway and made it all HTML-ified (using the basic codes provided in the help section of WikiTree). It looks awesome, if I do say so myself. My cousins have posted photos and updated information on a bunch of the profiles on WikiTree and it's really turning into something special. I'm very excited.
I did manage to blog more than once. Three times, actually.
I never made it to the Family History Library before my Team meeting. They are only open on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings 7-9 p.m. and on Saturdays from 10-2. I ended up working until 9 p.m. on Tuesday and had a massive sinus attack on Wednesday, which prevented me from going. That goal is carried over to next week.
Now ... before I go into this week's goals, keep in mind that school starts back on Monday and I am taking my absolute last class. I'm only taking one class, but it's college algebra. So, (compared to prior weeks) my goals may seem a little timid. Here they are:
- Go to the FHL.
- Transfer 5 peripheral people from FTM to RM4.
- Enter sources for Lucile Stiker's biography on my website.
- Blog more than once.
I feel pretty good about these goals. I think even with my heavier schedule, they are quite attainable. I will keep you posted!