Tuesday, April 03, 2012

The 1940 Census and a Plethora of Twerps

Over the last roughly 48 hours, genealogists and non-genealogists alike have been flooding the Archives.gov website trying to get a glimpse of the 1940 census.  Due to some glitches with the NARA website and the wait time for the images to be ready for indexing on FamilySearch, a lot of folks took to the Twitterverse.  I woke up Tuesday morning and noticed that #1940census was trending!  I was so excited!  Then I started reading some of the tweets ...


It didn't take me long to realize that a lot of young people simply had no idea that there even WAS a 1940 census, much less that it was being released after 72 years.


Here are a few that made me scratch my head (and gives some insight into the minds - or lack thereof - of America's youth):


But some of these folks actually have a sense of humor:


... and it appears some of the might even be aware of current events:


I'm just glad that a genealogy-related topic is finally trending on Twitter!  And I have to say I'm a little troubled at the apparent ignorance of these Twerps, but I am particularly troubled by the language people choose, especially when they are limited to 140 characters.






Do we share any ancestors?
Please email me at lostancestors [at] gmail [dot] com

0 comments:

Post a Comment