Sunday, July 31, 2011

Blogger missing in action?

Photo courtesy of National Archives UK
Not really.  Just out of commission for a little while.  Since my last post, I (barely) survived a week-long bout of the summer flu, which caused some missed deadlines for school (for which my instructor graciously granted some extra time), which has now caused me to play a serious game of catch-up on work, school, and housework.  Needless to say, I've been a little behind the 8-ball.

In any case, a few nice things have happened over the past several days.  I ordered the land records for my great-great grandfather and his brother from the National Archives back on July 16, and I received them this past Friday.  Unfortunately, I wasn't expecting them for at least 60 days (according to the disclaimer on the NARA website when I ordered the records).  I am having a very difficult time "ignoring" the records, but this is a necessary test of my willpower.  If I get involved with them right now, I'll never finish my last two weeks of school!

I also requested my great grandfather's birth certificate from Perry County, Indiana, a couple of weeks ago, and received it in the mail yesterday.  I was quite confused when I opened it ... but I'm saving that for a future post.

I haven't received my great great grandmother's death certificate yet, but I hope to receive it in the next several days.  I'm not in a big rush ... again, only two weeks of school left.

So, my blog presence will probably be close to non-existent until after I take my final exam on August 12.  After that ... look out blogging world!


Greta Koehl said...

Good luck on your exams!

Laura said...

Oooh, you've piqued my curiosity. Can't wait to hear details!

Jenny Lanctot said...

Thanks Greta (I'm gonna need it). I hope you're feeling better, Laura ... you still have to wait for the blog post for details LOL.

Post a Comment