So here are my genealogy goals for 2012. I'm hoping this year will go a little smoother than last year, now that I have a relatively sturdy foundation for goal-setting and goal reaching, thanks to the last several months of the Success Team with Laura.
- Obtain the addresses, birth dates, and anniversary dates for all of my first cousins on both sides of my family … and names and birth dates of spouses and children. Oh and all my half siblings’ spouses and kids too.
- Attend at least five (5) Scanfests (or equivalent) this year - and actually scan stuff.
- Scan and label at least 15 photos and/or negatives each week, or until they are done, whichever happens first.
- Attend at least two (2) genealogy conferences.
- Give at least two (2) presentations to my genealogical society.
- Index at least 200 records per month at FamilySearch Indexing.
- Add at least five (5) individual ancestor stories to my website.
- Blog at least twice per week.
- Finish reading Greenwood's "The Researcher's Guide to American Genealogy."
- Add at least three (3) website links per week to my online toolbox.
I plan to update my progress on these goals once per quarter, so ... we'll see how it goes! Good luck to everyone on their goals for the new year!