Thursday, June 28, 2012

Gramma was a Hottie!

I submitted this post for the 5th Annual Swimsuit Edition (119th Carnival of Genealogy). You can read more about the carnival at this link: http://creativegene.blogspot.com/

While I was visiting my family last summer in Portland, Oregon, I scanned a lot of photos from my Grandmother's photo albums. I stumbled across this photo, nonchalantly intermingled with some other (less racy) photos. My jaw dropped open.
Gramma, circa 1942

"Gramma! Look at you!!" I said. She shrugged and said, "Yeah, that's me." So modest. (I would have kept that photo stapled to my shirt yelling 'yeah, this is ME!')

She then proceeded to tell me that was the photo she mailed to my Grampa when he was overseas during World War II. No wonder he worked so hard to come back! 



(The two would have celebrated their 68th wedding anniversary this August, if not for the passing of my Grampa last July).




Do we share any ancestors?
Please email me at lostancestors [at] gmail [dot] com

10 comments:

Dee said...

That is so cool.

And I love your comment - I would have kept that photo stapled to my shirt yelling 'yeah, this is ME!'

Dee at Shakin' the Family Tree

Jasia said...

Wow! She really was a hottie!!! Thanks for sharing and participating in the COG. :-)

Kristin said...

Great photo. Yep, even grandma's were once young and cute.

Carol said...

Terrific photo!

Heather Wilkinson Rojo said...

Wow, Betty Grable and the other pin-up girls were nothing compared to Grandma! I'm sure that photo was passed around a lot in the camps! Hubba Hubba!

Julie said...

Love the photo! Grandma was a looker!

Karen said...

Yes, Gramma was a hottie! Fantastic photo and post. :)

Cynthia Shenette said...

Grandma WAS a hottie! Heather's right! I bet the other soldiers were either jealous or hoping grandma had some nice, single friends!

Debi Austen said...

I just love seeing our ancestors as young people. And you're right - she was a hottie!

Ravenswick said...

She most certainly looks like a 1940's Pin Up Girl, way to go Grandma! What a great photo to have of her.

Post a Comment