Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Ancestors Geneameme

Jill Ball of Geniaus got this one started ... and I can't pass up a good meme! Here's my list:

Things I have already done or found
Things I would like to have done or found
Things I haven’t done or found
  1. Can name my 16 great-great-grandparents (if the adopted ones count)
  2. Can name over 50 direct ancestors (wait ... does this mean from memory!?  I can't even remember my own name some days!)
  3. Have photographs or portraits of my 8 great-grandparents (again, if the adopted ones count)
  4. Have an ancestor who was married more than three times
  5. Have an ancestor who was a bigamist
  6. Met all four of my grandparents (2 are still living!)
  7. Met one or more of my great-grandparents 
  8. Named a child after an ancestor 
  9. Bear an ancestor's given name
  10. Have an ancestor from Great Britain or Ireland 
  11. Have an ancestor from Asia
  12. Have an ancestor from Continental Europe 
  13. Have an ancestor from Africa
  14. Have an ancestor who was an agricultural labourer (if that's a nice way of saying "farmer," then I have a whole tree full of 'em!)
  15. Have an ancestor who had large land holdings
  16. Have an ancestor who was a holy (wo)man - minister, priest, rabbi (nuns count too, right?)
  17. Have an ancestor who was a midwife
  18. Have an ancestor who was an author
  19. Have an ancestor with the surname Smith, Murphy or Jones 
  20. Have an ancestor with the surname Wong, Kim, Suzuki or Ng
  21. Have an ancestor with a surname beginning with X
  22. Have an ancestor with a forename beginning with Z (it was actually his middle name, but it was the name he went by throughout his life, does that count?)
  23. Have an ancestor born on 25th December
  24. Have an ancestor born on New Year's Day
  25. Have blue blood in your family lines (see my post here)
  26. Have a parent who was born in a country different from my country of birth 
  27. Have a grandparent who was born in a country different from my country of birth
  28. Can trace a direct family line back to the eighteenth century
  29. Can trace a direct family line back to the seventeenth century or earlier 
  30. Have seen copies of the signatures of some of my great-grandparents (see my post here)
  31. Have ancestors who signed their marriage certificate with an X
  32. Have a grandparent or earlier ancestor who went to university 
  33. Have an ancestor who was convicted of a criminal offence 
  34. Have an ancestor who was a victim of crime
  35. Have shared an ancestor's story online or in a magazine 
  36. Have published a family history online or in print 
  37. Have visited an ancestor's home from the 19th or earlier centuries
  38. Still have an ancestor's home from the 19th or earlier centuries in the family
  39. Have a family bible from the 19th Century
  40. Have a pre-19th century family bible
I would have marked "have parents from a different country" because that would be totally cool, but that would mean I would have different parents ... and I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings today. (Except that my mom already knows I want to be adopted by Paula Deen).

1 comments:

GeniAus said...

Thanks, Jenny, for responding to the meme. Of course your Z name counts - it's a forename in my book.

Post a Comment