Thursday, October 20, 2011

Those Places Thursday - Demon Bathtub

Demon tub at Gramma's house


Oh sure, it looks innocent enough NOW.  40 years ago, not so much.


This is the site of one of the bloodiest battles ever fought -- Jenny v. tub.  It all started with a bath ...


... then someone decided that the bottom of the tub was slippery enough from the bubbles that she could ice skate.  What a fantastic idea!


Yeah, it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt.  Let's just say I have a really nice scar on my chin.  I can't remember how many stitches it needed.


Ironically enough, I've always wanted a claw-foot tub just like Gramma's in my own house.


On a side note, if you ever fill the dishwasher with liquid dish soap and it overflows, it is also good for ice skating.  Just don't leave the dishwasher door open when you do it ... huh? oh, pay no attention to the scar on my shin.


Needless to say, I never did take up ice skating.

4 comments:

Laura Aanenson said...

You are such a hoot! Good thing you didn't poke an eye out!

Debi Austen said...

Demon bathtub :-) Sure, blame it on the poor bathtub!

Nancy said...

Oh, my! And how old were you when this happened? When I saw your photo of a tub which looks identical to the tub we had in our old house, I had to come see what you had to say about it. I'm grateful neither of my daughters came up with the idea to ice skate!

Unknown said...

@Laura: Silly girl, that's a ROUND bathtub. No eye-poking corners LOL. (I'm actually surprised too ... I won't even mention the scar I have from trying to jump on the dresser from the bed).
@Debi: Obviously, the tub has mellowed in its twilight years. :)
@Nancy: See ... now you're trying to make me reveal my age! LOL Seriously though, I think I was only 3 or 4 years old.

Post a Comment