Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Still here ... just got a little sidetracked

Some of you may (or may not) have noticed that I haven't been blogging as much this month.  Well, that's because I found a new addiction.  Not to worry - it won't shouldn't take too much time away from my genealogy research.  In fact, it should complement it quite nicely.


What is it, you ask?


Scrapbooking!!  (How hardcore am I?)


Oh, yes.  Because one cannot have too many hobbies, right?


But I didn't stop there.  No, no.  I went ahead and started a new blog too!  I can hear your heads shaking.  Stop it.


Seriously though, I can see this adding some interest to my written family history, and hopefully can help me get to "know" some of my ancestors in the process.


Here are the first three pages I created: a two-page spread for my paternal grandfather's time in WWII, and a one-page spread for my paternal grandparents' lives together.  These are on my other blog, but I'll post them here also.


I'm currently working on my maternal grandfather's page(s) and hope to have that done by the end of the week (at least that's what this weeks' goal list says).


Eventually, I expect I'll find a healthy balance between my now-dueling pastimes.  In the meantime, this scrapbooking thing is FUN!




Do we share any ancestors? 
 Please email me at lostancestors [at] gmail [dot] com

5 comments:

DearMYRTLE said...

Cool pages, Jen. So fun! You are one creative gal!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Pat! I think I'm going to have to start setting a timer though ... just so I still have time to, you know, work and bathe and all that other life stuff.

Wendy Grant Walter said...

I went the other way. My scrapbooking went way downhill after I started doing genealogy! I keep thinking I need to combine the two things more, but have not yet found the perfect way to do so... I completed traditional cut and paste 12" x 12" scrapbook pages for a few ancestors a few years ago, but now wonder if I should convert to digital pages. In the meantime, I keep researching!

Unknown said...

I thought about digital pages (they are certainly easier to clean up after), but I'm a touchy-feely girl and I like the idea of making stuff with my own 2 hands that has dimension. I just don't think I could get that out of digital pages. Either way, there's gonna have to be some balance somewhere, or nothing will get done! :)

Debbie said...

I went the way of Wendy. Genealogy took over my scrapbooking for the most part. I need to add it back in, though, as it was a nice creative diversion.

Post a Comment