Friday, December 10, 2010

Advent Calendar - December 10 - Christmas Gifts

When I was little, I used to love seeing all the gifts trickle in from out-of-town family and fill up the empty space under the tree.  All those presents, and most of them were for me and my sister.  We always wondered what was in them.  We'd shake them and listen to them and smell them ... but we couldn't ever figure it out.

At night, after everyone was asleep, my sister and I would sneak out into the living room and sneak peeks at our presents.  We were always armed with extra scotch tape (shiny and dull - you can never be too prepared) in case anything got out of hand.  I think my mom was onto us though because pretty much all we ever were able to find were clothes.  But then on Christmas morning, there were tons of other presents under the tree too.

We were always surprised, but the sneaky-peeks ended up not keeping our interest for too long since we always knew what we would find.

0 comments:

Post a Comment