Saturday, December 04, 2010

Advent Calendar - December 4 - Christmas Cards

What I remember about Christmas cards is when I was growing up, we would get cards from friends and family.  A lot of cards.  My mom would hang them all up around the doorway between the kitchen and breakfast room.  It was quite impressive.  We must have been very popular.

When my daughter was little, I wanted to keep up the tradition, so we got very excited when we got the first card in the mail.  We would carefully hang it in the center of the doorway between the living room and kitchen (so the multitude of cards would be perfectly balanced as they were added, you see).  As the cards trickled in, we would keep hanging them.  Before long we had like ... 5 cards!  Turns out we just didn't know enough people who sent Christmas cards, I guess.

We started saving the cards from previous years and hanging them up when we got out all the decorations just so we'd have a bunch of cards!

Every year I have good intentions of sending out Christmas cards.  This year, I may actually do it.

1 comments:

Teresa Wilson Rogers said...

LOL! Your Christmas card history, both your parents experience and your own current history sounds exactly like mine, but you make it sound much funnier! Welcome to GeneaBloggers! Oh, I love the name of your blog!

Post a Comment